BORGER, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — Hutchinson County Sheriff Coker is reporting a case involving a rabid skunk and a dog bite.
Sheriff Coker says the skunk bit the dog minutes prior to the dog biting a person in Borger.
Sheriff Coker says, “We are taking precautions with the bite victim to ensure the victim’s safety. Please be aware of your surroundings, vaccinate your animals, and report any suspicious activity you may see in animals.”
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Everyday Heroes: Access Community Credit Union and Jimmy John’s partner up to feed Amarillo’s hospital workers
- City of Amarillo provides update with COVID-19
- Castro County issues Shelter in Place order
- Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson teaches daughter to wash hands while singing ‘Moana’ song
- Weekend Plans: Tascosa Drive-In still open