BUSHLAND, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) – Update: The Texas Department of Public Safety has reported that Raymond Johnson Jr., age 61, of Fort Worth was hit and killed by a vehicle in the early morning hours of March 3.
DPS said the vehicle was going south on FM 2381 (Bushland Road), two miles south of Bushland, and Johnson was walking in the middle of the southbound land of FM 2381 and was hit by the vehicle.
DPS said it was dark at the time of the crash.
DPS said the crash is still under investigation.
A pedestrian, according to station crew, was hit and killed by a vehicle this morning on Bushland Road.
Drivers are advised to avoid the area around Bushland Road and County Road 34, if possible, as crews continue to respond to the scene.
This is a developing story. Stay with MyHighPlains.com for the latest.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Will your kids need to be vaccinated?
- Retired Col. Ralph Puckett to Best Ranger competitors: ‘You are the best our country produces’
- Fourth stimulus check: Nonprofit sees additional payments as vital
- 19-year-old man killed in collision with semi-truck on US Hwy 54
- WT’s Engler College of Business ranked No. 3 in value in the country