AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — The Panhandle-Plains Historical Museum hosted its Raptor Run and Dino Fun event Saturday morning.
It kicked off with participants doing a 5K around the West Texas A&M University campus, PPHM officials said.
There was plenty of dinosaur fun to be had, with a T-Rex there for the run and plentiful exhibits inside the museum. All in all, the museum said, it was a lot good fun, good food and good games for families.
“We had a great turnout,” said Samantha Biffle, Biffle Education and Program Manager for the Panhandle-Plains Historical Museum. “A lot of families, a lot of family fun. We also had some really generous supporters with Atmos Energy helping us with our medals. We got Pondeseta out here. KAMR Fox 14 was a great supporter as well.”
This was the first year for the Raptor Run, according to PPHM officials. The museum also featured a Dinosaur Discoveries exhibit.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Amarillo Area Black Chamber of Commerce on a mission of economic development and improvement in north Amarillo
- Ziggy Hood Returning to Amarillo to Coach at Alma Mater
- Top 10 2020-2021 Moments: #4 Willy Luther’s Clutch Performance Helps Texline Claim Class 1A State Championship
- Man ‘pulled stingers out’ of girlfriend’s neck when swarm of bees attacked at California strip mall
- Britney Spears asks judge to free her from conservatorship: ‘I deserve to have a life’