PAMPA, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — A Pampa ISD student has been arrested and charged with a False Alarm report.
According to the Pampa Police Department, about 9:25 a.m., the school resource officer was notified of a student at the high school who got a threatening Snapchat.
PPD said PISD implemented a lock-out and PPD began investigating the incident.
Police said the investigation showed evidence that the Snapchat was sent from a fake Snapchat account created by the student who reported the threat.
Pampa Police said the student was arrested and charged with False Alarm, Report (school), Penal Code 42.06, which is a State Jail Felony.
PPD said the student was turned over to the Gray County Juvenile Probation Department, and all school campuses under lock-out returned to normal activity.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Area Girls Texas UIL High School State Golf Tournament Results
- Amarillo High Student Athletes Sign Letters of Intent
- Video shows fighter’s incredible knockout kick in first-ever MMA fight
- Man accused of buying $58K SUV with stolen ID, posing for photo at dealership
- Amarillo City Council held a special meeting at the Civic Center