PAMPA, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — Pampa Police responded to a train vs. pedestrian at the intersection on Starkweather.
Officials say the train noticed the pedestrian walking near the track and the train began to blow its horn. The train was not able to stop and the pedestrian was struck by the train.
Judge Ogle arrived and pronounced the pedestrian deceased.
The pedestrian was identified as Joaquin Salcedo, Jr, 22, of Pampa.
The accident is still under investigation.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Cowboys injury report v. Eagles
- ‘The RGV holds the key to what happens in Texas’: Beto O’Rourke urges people to head to polls
- WT College of Engineering hosts ‘Punkin Chunkin’
- Northwest Texas Hospital’s MICU charge nurse begs community to wear masks
- Former Texas Senator Tati Santiesteban dies from COVID-19