AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — The Opportunity School broke ground on a new building in northeast Amarillo today.
The Opportunity School will now be able to serve more children and families with the new location at Southeast 4th and Osage.
Board President Martha Del Toro said they are excited to continue their strong tradition of excellence.
They’re in the home stretch of fundraising with just $500,000 left to go.
The new campus will feature the school building, playgrounds for infant and toddlers, a multi-age playground, and a large pre- k playground, plus a children’s garden area.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Hampton Roads native looking toward Tokyo Olympics; focusing on mental game during pandemic
- Nazareth Swiftettes claim 1A Cross Country title
- Sheriff: Florida rapper made music, then killed 2 men in recording studio
- PHOTOS: Where did it come from? Mysterious monolith discovered in remote area of Utah
- Gov. Lujan Grisham: Special session to start Tuesday