AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — The Amarillo Police Department reports the victim in a drive-by shooting has died and the incident is now being investigated as a homicide.
According to APD, Chloe Vivens, age 18, died from her injuries on May 31 after being shot in a drive-by shooting on Sunday, May 30.
At 9:45 p.m., officers were called to the 800 block of S Florida where APD said the woman was shot while sitting in a vehicle parked in a driveway. Police said she was taken to the hospital with life- threatening injuries.
Officers said that several shell casing were found in the street and a house was found with bullet holes in the front.
Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to please contact the Homicide Unit at 378-9468 or submit a tip with Crimestoppers at 374-4400. You can also go to the Crimestoppers website at amapolice.org or download the P3 app to submit a tip.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- TxDOT’s “Know Before You Go” lane closure report for week of June 20-June 26
- Sod Poodles fan, father get’s Father Day surprise at HODGETOWN
- Gruver ISD named School Board of the Year by Region 16
- There’s a castle for sale in Indiana
- In a seller’s market, experts urge buyers to do these 3 things before placing an offer