AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT ) — The Amarillo Police Department reports that one person was detained after officers were called out to the 1900 block of Currie Lane on a possible assault.
According to APD, at 2:42 p.m., officers were called to a house in the 1900 block of Currie Lane on a possible assault.
APD said officers were told that the suspect entered the house and assaulted the victim. The caller told officers that the suspect was armed with a gun and had fired shots inside of the house.
APD said no injuries were reported and the victim was able to get out of the house.
After a short stand-off the suspect exited the house and was detained said APD.
The investigation is ongoing.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Blink-182’s Mark Hoppus announces cancer diagnosis: ‘It sucks and I’m scared’
- Will Gov. Greg Abbott’s special legislative session be derailed by Texas Democrats?
- What latest poll shows about potential governor’s race of Abbott vs. McConaughey vs. O’Rourke
- Border Patrol: Cartels telling migrants to fight their way past agents
- Countless makeshift ladders encountered during daily border-wall sweeps, agents say