AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) – On Monday, the Amarillo Fire Department reported firefighters responded to a blaze at Wellington Manor Apartments.
Crews arrived at around 4:26 p.m., says AFD, and found smoke coming from an apartment. Upon entering the apartment, they found a kitchen fire.
One person was found and removed through a bedroom window, says AFRD, and transported to Northwest Texas Healthcare. The person later died at the hospital.
AFD reports that the fire was under control by around 4:40 p.m. The cause is being credited as, ‘Accidental Cooking’ by the Fire Marshall’s office.
More from MyHighPlains.com: