DEAF SMITH, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — The Deaf Smith County Sheriff’s Office reports that one person was arrested after a woman was found dead in a residence.
According to the Sheriff’s Office, they received a call stating that someone had killed his mother.
Deputies went to the locations and called for officers as well. Deputies entered the residence and found a dead woman said the Sheriff’s Office.
The Sheriff’s Office continues saying a family member was sought for questioning, and Hereford Police assisted in the search for the family member. The family member was taken into custody and questioned about the death along with other people involved.
The Deaf Smith County Sheriff’s Office said the family member was arrested for Aggravated Assault on a Family Member and Felon in Possession of a Firearm.
The Sheriff’s Office said the investigation is still ongoing.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- The heat is on this Father’s Day
- Local non-profit organization works to raise money for autism awareness one clay pigeon at a time
- Bipartisan group of lawmakers push for new infrastructure plan
- Martha’s Home hosts “Fourth Annual 0.5K Slack-A-Thon supporting at-risk women and children
- The precursor of Father’s Day was inspired by a tragic accident