AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — The Texas Department of Public Safety reports one man died after a car case through multiple counties on March 1.
According to DPS, a Trooper stopped a vehicle for a traffic violation on US 287.
As the Trooper approached the vehicle, the driver fled traveling east leading Troopers through Donley, Hall, and Childress Counties said DPS.
DPS said a Childress County Deputy was able to stop the vehicle, and as officers approached, the man took his own life and died at the scene.
DPS said Texas Rangers are investigating the incident.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- A Food Network recipe for popcorn and Mayo Salad is going viral
- Off-duty nurse helps mother deliver baby in California parking garage
- Amarillo Crime Stoppers to host annual ‘Shred It Day’ on April 17
- Texas Tech Physicians are preparing for the Cancer Screening and Information Fair
- Increased blood use from hospitals creates greater need for blood donors