UPDATE: This morning (April 21), the Amarillo Police Department Homicide Unit said it has determined that the cause of death for William Patton was an accidental drowning. There were no signs of assault or injury.
UPDATE: The person found has been identified as William Patton, 53. The Amarillo Police Department said the investigation is ongoing.
AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) – Police are investigating after one person was found dead early this morning at the Comanche Trail Golf Course.
According to the Amarillo Police Department, officers were called to the Course just after 7 a.m. when a grounds worker had come across the person and called 911.
Police said the incident is still under investigation.
This is a developing story. Stay with MyHighPlains.com for the latest.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Mega Millions could bring you multi-millions as jackpot climbs well over $400M
- Coca-Cola to discontinue one of its beverages in North America
- 806 Cars hosts car show benefitting Faith City Mission
- Republican Party Of New Mexico hosts “Operation Freedom”
- Texas Panhandle War Memorial Center hosts free breakfast for veterans, celebrates Armed Forces Day