AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) – One person has died after a motorcycle wreck late last night (April 26) at Foothill Drive and Cayman Court.
According to the Amarillo Police Department, officers responded to the crash site at around 11 p.m. A blue and black Suzuki Motorcycle driven by Marcus Leanard Vaught-Pitt, a 25-year-old man, had been northbound on Foothill Drive.
Vaught-Pitt was noted by police as “traveling at a high rate of speed and lost control of the motorcycle.” The motorcycle struck a large tree at Cayman Court.
The APD reported that Vaught-Pitt died at the scene from injuries sustained in the crash.
The APD also said that speed was a factor in this crash. The incident is being investigated by the Traffic Investigation Squad of the Amarillo Police Department.
This is a developing story. Stay with MyHighPlains.com for the latest.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- House committee debates broadband expansion proposals
- Ft. Jackson Army trainee in custody after hijacking school bus full of kids in Richland Co.
- Former CHRISTUS nurse accused of murdering patients files motion to throw out his interviews with police
- Josh Duggar released from jail after being charged with possessing child porn
- Big Bend Sector agents rely on technology, experience to safeguard huge swath of U.S.-Mexico border