AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — Northwest Texas Healthcare System (NWTHS) is hosting a cookout for EMS providers, today May 19, from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and 10 p.m. to 1:00 a.m. to show appreciation for the important work that they do for the community, according to Northwest Hospital.
This annual awareness has been celebrated since 1974 and NWTHS has continued to celebrate these medical professionals who are important in our community.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- WATCH: 30-foot whale shark surprises fisherman: ‘Biggest I’ve ever seen in the Gulf’
- Motivational speaker breaks naked-skydiving record to bring awareness to mental health, suicide prevention
- Lochte flops: Olympic career likely over after 7th in 200 IM
- Ryan Crouser goes big, breaks 31-year-old shot put record
- It’s hot outside: Here are tips to stay safe when cooling off in the water