UPDATE: As of 10:30 PM, Xcel Energy is reporting 62 outages in the Amarillo area affecting 3,961 customers.
UPDATE: As of 9:35 PM, Xcel Energy is reporting 39 outages affecting 6,472 customers. The 3,505 customers affected by the Hastings outage have been restored, according to Xcel Energy Spokesman Wes Reeves.
UPDATE: As of 9:17 PM, Xcel Energy is reporting 44 outages in the Amarillo area affecting 9,766 customers.
AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — As of 8:53 PM, Xcel Energy is reporting 35 outages in the Amarillo area affecting 10,182 customers as storms pass through the area.
Xcel Energy is patrolling the lines and working to restore power and have already restored some, according to Xcel’s website.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- APH reports 12 new cases of COVID-19 and 18 recoveries in Amarillo area
- Today in History: Wheeler County becomes first organized county in the Texas Panhandle
- A Texas-wide ban on public camping would make it a crime — lawmakers are considering it Monday
- National Grilled Cheese Sandwich Day
- Duplex burns on S Polk Street, AFD offers safety tips to community