AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — The March of Dimes kicked off it’s 2020 March for Babies campaign today.
March for Babies is the biggest fundraiser for the March of Dimes.
Organizers said last year the event brought in $138,000 for the organization to help moms and babies in our area.
This year marks the 50th anniversary of the March for Babies.
The walk is happening on April 25 at Town Square Village. Registration starts at 8:30 a.m. and the walk starts at 9:30 a.m.
For more information on the event, or to sign up, click here.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Local man turns 100 years old; party cancelled for social distancing
- Texas company looking to dock paychecks for those receiving stimulus checks
- United Way seeks community support for those facing economic hardships due to COVID-19
- Everyday Heroes: Tremaine Brown, Shi Lee’s Barbecue and Soul Food
- US-run maquiladoras go on monthlong work-stoppage in Juarez