HUTCHINSON COUNTY, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) – Saturday afternoon, the Hutchinson County Sheriff’s Office posted to Facebook, looking for an individual for questioning. The situation has since been handled.
According to Sheriff Blaik Kemp, there was no credible threat and no charges filed.
The sheriff’s office said it was regarding someone allegedly placing a “hit” (murder for hire by contract) on Sheriff Kemp.
Sheriff Kemp said they take all threats to the public and law enforcement seriously and will continue to ensure that safety is a top priority.
The Hutchinson County Sheriff’s Office’s original Facebook post has since been deleted.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- ‘The federal government has failed to address this problem,’ bipartisan delegation tours the U.S.-Mexico border
- Chef Ron is cooking up a Tex-Mex Asada Torta
- CDC, FDA give statement on Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 Vaccine
- Police officer killed in Capitol car attack will lie in honor Tuesday
- US recommends pause on Johnson & Johnson vaccine use over blood clots