AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) – A man indicted by a grand jury for transporting child pornography on May 23 has reached a plea deal, with a new court date set to review this development.
Roy Elliot Rhyne, according to released court documents from May 27, pleaded guilty to the US District Court for the Northern District of Texas on the charge of transporting child pornography. Within the plea agreement, Rhyne noted that he will register under the Sex Offender Registration and Notification Act.
Rhyne’s re-arraignment date is set for June 4, 2021.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Second person begins treatment with new FDA-approved Alzheimer’s Drug
- Amarillo ISD Grad Latest Scholarship Recipient from National Merit Program
- Gettin’ Ziggy With It! A sit down with former Palo Duro Don and retired NFL player Ziggy Hood
- Gun-waiving St. Louis couple plead guilty to misdemeanors, forfeit guns
- Juneteenth: The story behind the new federal holiday