AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — APD has reported that on Jan. 21 Rodney Curtis Ward died from his injuries after a shooting Tuesday evening.
According to APD, on Jan. 19, APD officers were called out to a traffic accident at the intersection of southwest 1st Avenue and south Bonham street.
Ward, 48-years-old, was suffering from a gunshot wound to his upper body, according to APD.
Ward was taken to a hospital with a life-threatening injury.
APD said they arrested a 15-year-old juvenile in connection with the shooting on Jan. 19.
APD said anyone with information on this case call the Homicide Unit at 378-9468 or Amarillo Crime Stoppers at 374-4400. Information can also be given anonymously online at www.amapolice.org or on the Amarillo Crime Stoppers P3 mobile app.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Lawmakers push to legalize recreational marijuana in Kansas; Will it pass?
- 7-year-old girl who sold lemonade to pay for brain surgery recovering after procedure
- Remarkable Women: Meet Former NASA-employee, current frontline hero Dr. Sheryl Williams
- Drone video shows swarm of blacktip sharks off Florida coast
- I-Team: Tony Hsieh’s estate looks to unload millions in Park City, Utah, properties