AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) – The Harrington Cancer and Health Foundation announced it has awarded nine grants, totaling $40,000, to local organizations that impact women’s health and well-being.
The Foundations said grants have been awarded to:
- Downtown Women’s Center
- Faith City Mission
- Family Care Foundation
- Family Support Services
- Harrington Breast Center
- Heal the City
- Panhandle Crisis Center – Perryton
- Sharing Hope Ministry
- The Well Health Center – Cactus
“The Women’s Circle merges time, talent, and resources among women who share a common interest in healthcare.” said the Foundation. “The mission of the Circle is to support projects that improve the health and well-being of women. With the money raised through membership dues and corporate sponsorships, members take a hands-on approach that directly impacts the quality of women’s healthcare by distributing funds through a yearly grant awards process. “
2020 will mark the 13th year of the Circle, which reported over $320,000 has been awarded to local programs that effect women’s health. In addition to the grants process, members are invited to attend quarterly luncheons featuring relevant programs.
For more information on the Harrington Cancer and Health Foundation, call 806-331-6939 or visit www.hchfamarillo.org.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Severe weather causes damage in Bay County
- From gift cards to cash: these fitness apps pay you to get in shape
- Pearls of Purpose hosts cleanup at St. Anthony’s Hospital
- Taking this step after receiving the COVID-19 vaccine makes a difference, CDC says
- New charges added for suspect in Bryan cabinet store shooting