AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — Monday, May 31 is Memorial Day and Llano Cemetery will be hosting a ceremony to honor U.S. Military Veterans, cemetery officials said.
The Memorial Day Ceremony will begin at 10 a.m. at Poppy Field north of the Pantheon Mausolem. Llano official added that the service will feature the Blue Sky Honor Flight Flyover, and The Avenue of Flags.
Event officials explained that 42 new flags will be included in The Avenue of Flags, which began in 2014, and will honor more than 190 Veterans.
According to Llano officials, Mark N. Blankenship, former Executive Director of Llano Cemetery, who passed away from complications of COVID-19, will be honored during the ceremony.
Congressman Ronny Jackson (TX-13), event organizers said, will be the Distinguished Speaker of the service.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Elon Musk donates $1M to BCIC, more potential housing in downtown Brownsville
- Lawsuit: Former MLB star Ben Zobrist says wife had affair with their pastor; sues him for millions
- Raiders player Carl Nassib announces he’s gay in Instagram video
- The Jerrari is half Jeep Wagoneer and half Ferrari 365 GT, and it’s for sale
- Hidden gems of Prime Day 2021