AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — The Texas Department of Transportation has various lane closings, as well as roadside work scheduled in the Amarillo area for the week of September 27, 2020.
See those lane work sites listed below.
• Watch for various nighttime lane closures as crews replace concrete and metal guard railing at Avondale Street and I-40 and at US 60 and State Loop (SL) 335. The shoulders and left lanes of the frontage roads will be closed at both locations while this work takes place.
• Expect various lane closures on I-27 in both directions from 26th Avenue to 45th Avenue for patching repairs.
• There will be various lanes closed on Airport Blvd. for seal coat related clean-up in both directions.
• The right shoulders on I-40 will be closed in both directions from Ross to Arthur for pavement edge repair.
• The left lane on SL 335 between Eastern Street and Echo will be closed on Monday, September 28 through Tuesday, September 29.
• Expect lane closures on I-40 east between Soncy and Coulter beginning Friday, October 2 at 6 a.m. until 8 p.m. for paving shoulders for detours.
• On Wednesday, October 1, there will be center lane closures on SH 136 between reference markers 1912 to just north of Asarco.
• Left lane closures will take place this week on I-40 from Soncy to Adkinson road for cable barrier repair.
Coulter Street & SL 335 (Hollywood Road)
• On Thursday, October 1 at 7 p.m., Coulter Street will be closed at SL 335 while crews place 35 concrete bridge beams as construction of the new overpass progresses. This work will take place between 7 p.m. and 6 a.m. nightly and should be finished by 6 a.m. Saturday, October 3.
• Coulter traffic should follow posted detours.
I-40 at Lakeside Drive
• In the next few days, the I-40 eastbound entrance ramp from Lakeside Drive will be closed for reconstruction, along with the eastbound I-40 bridges at Whitaker Road and Lakeside Drive. This construction will last about 18 months.
• On Friday, Sept. 25, Lakeside Drive will be closed between the frontage roads at I-40 for the Lakeside Drive bridge demolition. Depending on the direction, traffic will detour to Airport Boulevard or Whitaker Road. This closure will continue through the weekend and Lakeside Drive will reopen at 6 a.m., Monday, Sept. 28.
• Patching and drainage repair will happen this week in the right lane on Soncy at 45th.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- From muted mics to topics chosen, here’s what you need to know about the final Trump-Biden debate
- ‘I was so shocked’: Louisiana parents welcome second set of identical twins
- Ex-Lady Raider coach Marlene Stollings files lawsuit against TTU, Hocutt, claims discrimination
- WATCH: City of Amarillo Coronavirus Update Oct. 21
- WT Design Students craft Get-Out-the-Vote messages