AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — The Texas Department of Transportation has various lane closings, as well as roadside work scheduled in the Amarillo area for the week of June 21, 2020.
See those lane work sites listed below.
I-40 & State Loop (SL) 335 – Helium Rd. Update
• On Monday, June 22, Helium Rd. will be closed under I-40 in both directions. Motorists will still have access to the east- and westbound frontage roads, which will be reduced to one lane. This closure will be in place through July 1, 2020.
• Traffic on I-40 between Soncy Rd. and Hope Rd. will be moved to the detours currently under construction on the morning of Tuesday, June 23.
• Once traffic is moved to the new detour, demolition of the westbound I-40 bridge at Helium Rd. will begin. During the demolition process, I-40 will be reduced to one lane in each direction from Soncy Rd. to Hope Rd.
• The Bell St. exit ramp from I-27 northbound will be closed Monday, June 22.
• Crews will be installing cable barriers and metal beam guard fence in the following locations:
•The left lane of I-27 in both directions from Western St. to Hillside Rd.
• The left lane of US 87 in both directions from 24th Avenue to Hastings Ave. (under the SL 434 bridge).
• The left lane of the I-40 westbound frontage road will be closed between Coulter and Soncy roads for bridge rail repair.
• Various lanes will be closed on the I-27 frontage roads in both directions in the Amarillo city limits for tree and brush removal.
• Watch for various lane closures on I-40 eastbound from Adkisson Rd. to Hope Rd. for overlay work through July 15.
Lane closures are already in place on US 287 as you head south leaving Dumas for mill and fill operations set to begin Monday, June 22. Currently, the outside lanes are closed in both directions for approximately five miles. Crews will work in five-mile increments moving south for a total of 16 miles.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Biden, Pres. Trump campaigns continue into the final weekend of the presidential race
- Salt Life co-founder arrested after teen found dead in hotel room
- US shatters daily COVID record with nearly 100,000 new cases
- Halloween treat: Full ‘blue moon’ set to shine
- Photo gallery: Remembering Sean Connery