AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — An inmate died while in custody at the Potter County Detention Center Sunday morning.
The Potter County Sheriff’s Office said at about 4:18 a.m. PCSO officers found David Quannah Brown, 37, unresponsive in a cell in the Booking Room. Lifesaving efforts were performed, but AMS personnel pronounced him dead at 4:38 a.m.
The Texas Rangers were called to conduct an investigation into the death. According to PCSO, an autopsy was ordered by Justice of the Peace Thomas Jones, and is expected to be performed Monday morning.
The investigation is ongoing.
This is a developing story. Stay with MyHighPlains.com for the latest
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- The heat is on this Father’s Day
- Local non-profit organization works to raise money for autism awareness one clay pigeon at a time
- Bipartisan group of lawmakers push for new infrastructure plan
- Martha’s Home hosts “Fourth Annual 0.5K Slack-A-Thon supporting at-risk women and children
- The precursor of Father’s Day was inspired by a tragic accident