AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) – In anticipation of potential winter weather, TxDOT is making sure the roads are ready. TxDOT Amarillo said crews are preparing.
Friday and Saturday, brine tankers were out on I-40 West, I-40 East, and U-S 87 North. Regular brine spreaders have also been in use.
All this, as the National Weather Service, predicts more snow possibly Monday. TxDOT reminds drivers to keep their distance with snow on the ground.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Off-duty nurse helps mother deliver baby in California parking garage
- Amarillo Crime Stoppers to host annual ‘Shred It Day’ on April 17
- Texas Tech Physicians are preparing for the Cancer Screening and Information Fair
- Increased blood use from hospitals creates greater need for blood donors
- ‘The federal government has failed to address this problem,’ bipartisan delegation tours the U.S.-Mexico border