HEREFORD, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — Hereford ISD has canceled the volleyball match versus Andrews High school tonight after a student/staff tested positive for COVID-19.
Hereford ISD has closed down their facilities for cleaning and matches from August 17 through 19.
On August 19, Hereford ISD say they will re-evaluate athletes and coaches for symptoms of the coronavirus and decide to move forward with practices or lengthen the closure.
Officials say staff/students with COVID-19 must self-quarantine until they meet the requirements to return.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Caught on Camera: Arkansas officer saves two-year-old boy choking on piece of candy
- Pair of goats spotted on Arkansas bridge truss euthanized
- WWII veteran’s canteen found in St. Louis, makes its way back to Oklahoma
- Get rid of your old medication at the annual Medication Clean-Out
- BREAKING: Explosion in Lebanon