HEREFORD, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — Deaf Smith County broke ground on their new jail on Thursday.
The new jail was approved for construction by voters last November.
“As y’all know, the citizens of Deaf Smith County voted to build this and I just like to say thank you to them,” said Deaf Smith County Judge, DJ Wagner. “It’s not necessarily something to brag on, a new jail for the community, but it’s much needed. We’re setting up to watch Hereford grow.”
It passed with 55% of the vote.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Veteran adjusts to life with PTSD with the help of a well-trained pup
- Temple Police & FBI announce arrests and charges against suspected gang members
- WATCH: Police bust massive house party
- Coronavirus vaccine: When will it be ready and will it be safe?
- Mark your calendar: Daylight saving (and extra sleep) just days away