AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — Gov. Greg Abbott will be traveling to Amarillo on Wednesday, May 27 to give an update on the surge response efforts in the Amarillo area.
The governor will be joined by the Texas Division of Emergency Management (TDEM) Chief Nim Kidd, Amarillo Mayor Ginger Nelson, and Amarillo Public Health Director Casie Stoughton.
Gov. Abbott will also meet with Amarillo officials, as well as State Senator Kel Seliger and State Representatives Four Price, John Smithee, and Ken King.
The governor’s press conference will be broadcast live on KAMR Local 4, Fox 14, and here on MyHighPlains.com at 2 p.m.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Japan to decide on overseas fans attendance at Tokyo Olympics by end of month
- Video captures man hitting neighbor’s dog with machete after it attacked his pet pig
- LIVE: National security officials testify on Jan. 6 Capitol attack
- White House officials give COVID-19 update after Biden lays out new vaccine timeline
- ‘Forget your purse! Let’s go!’: Watch Florida deputies rescue 73-year-old woman from sinking car