AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — Gov. Greg Abbott will be traveling to Amarillo on Wednesday, May 27 to give an update on the surge response efforts in the Amarillo area.
The governor will be joined by the Texas Division of Emergency Management (TDEM) Chief Nim Kidd, Amarillo Mayor Ginger Nelson, and Amarillo Public Health Director Casie Stoughton.
Gov. Abbott will also meet with Amarillo officials, as well as State Senator Kel Seliger and State Representatives Four Price, John Smithee, and Ken King.
The governor’s press conference will be broadcast live on KAMR Local 4, Fox 14, and here on MyHighPlains.com at 2 p.m.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Alabama governor issues statewide mask requirement
- Tracking the Tropics: Differences in development basins around the world
- USDA Secretary Sonny Perdue to visit Texas Thursday
- Louisiana man refuses to wear mask at Walmart, hits officer with vehicle, report says
- Coronavirus cases, deaths pile up along US-Mexico border