AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) – Amarillo gas prices have fallen 1.3 cents per gallon in the past week, averaging $1.82/g today, according to GasBuddy’s daily survey.
Gas prices in Amarillo are 6.1 cents per gallon higher than a month ago, and stand 42.3 cents per gallon lower than a year ago.
According to GasBuddy price reports, the cheapest station in Amarillo is priced at $1.67/g today while the most expensive is $2.09/g, a difference of 42.0 cents per gallon. The lowest price in the state today is $1.44/g while the highest is $2.69/g, a difference of $1.25/g.
The national average price of gasoline has fallen 2.9 cents per gallon in the last week, averaging $2.15/g today. The national average is down 1.7 cents per gallon from a month ago and stands 50.0 cents per gallon lower than a year ago.
Neighboring areas and their current gas prices:
- Lubbock – $1.78/g, down 0.5 cents per gallon from last week’s $1.78/g
- Midland Odessa – $1.97/g, down 3.1 cents per gallon from last week’s $2.01/g
- Oklahoma – $1.84/g, down 1.8 cents per gallon from last week’s $1.86/g
“Gas prices have continued to remain subdued in large part due to the stalemate in Washington that’s holding back another round of stimulus for Americans, which could boost the economy and oil demand and help Americans get back to work,” said Patrick De Haan, head of petroleum analysis for GasBuddy. “Absent some resolve from lawmakers to boost the economy, we’re likely in store for another week of sideways price movements, keeping average gas prices near current levels for the fourth straight month. We may continue to see us stuck in this territory until there’s meaningful change in our COVID-19 outlook.”
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Cowboy’s Michael Gallup Helps Out at Amarillo Football Camp
- Alligator spotted cooling off at the ocean in Myrtle Beach
- ‘Surreal’: 6th Street mass shooting witnesses describe the moment shots fired in downtown Austin
- From clubs to scrubs: Professional golfer on why she went from golfing to fighting a global pandemic
- 25 best used cars under $15,000