AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — Atmos Energy is reporting a gas on 7th between Pierce and Fillmore.
Officials say the leak started around 11 a.m. because a third-party contractor hit a gas line while doing work not related to Atmos.
Atmos and first responders are on the scene to monitor the situation.
Officials say the line will be fixed around this afternoon or evening.
No evacuations are reported at this time.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Dramatic video shows man falling out of moving SUV onto busy roadway in Lafayette
- City of Amarillo Coming Home Project holds Christmas tree drive
- Mild weekend weather ahead
- PSJA North football team heads to the playoffs following Edinburg suspension
- David L. Lander, best known as ‘Squiggy’ on Laverne & Shirley, dies at 73