AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — Frances Hibbs and Jan Sanders have announced their retirement from the City of Amarillo ending more than a half-century of combined service to the Amarillo community and its residents said the city.
Hibbs is retiring as city secretary after 31 years of service in different capacities – starting in April 1990. Sanders beat Hibbs to the city by roughly six months – starting in October 1989. She retires as assistant city secretary with 31.5 years of service in various roles.
Hibbs and Sanders have worked with six mayors and five city managers said the city.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Downtown Women’s Center Haven House has Grand Reopening
- 13-year-old arrested in 14-year-old Ulysses teen’s death the same day he’s laid to rest
- Mysterious deed claims new ownership of Jeffrey Epstein’s New Mexico ranch
- What to know about forensic cleanups
- Fully vaccinated Bill Maher tests positive for COVID-19