MULESHOE, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) -UPDATE: Former Bailey County Sherriff’s Deputy Jorge Torres was arrested by the Texas Rangers (assisted by other agencies) Friday morning.
According to Bailey County Sheriff Richard Wills, Torres was charged for possession of a controlled substance between 3 and 400 grams.
A former Bailey County Sheriff’s Deputy was arrested in Muleshoe on Friday, May 21, along with two others.
Said the Bailey County Sheriff’s Office, a Texas Ranger based in Lubbock arrested Jorge Torres, “on behalf of the Texas Rangers in El Paso.”
Said the Sheriff, Torres was a deputy in Bailey County until last week.
This is a developing story. Stay with MyHighPlains.com for the latest
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- TxDOT’s “Know Before You Go” lane closure report for week of June 20-June 26
- Sod Poodles fan, father get’s Father Day surprise at HODGETOWN
- Gruver ISD named School Board of the Year by Region 16
- There’s a castle for sale in Indiana
- In a seller’s market, experts urge buyers to do these 3 things before placing an offer