CANYON, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) – The Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) added stop signs on FM 2590 at Country Club Road this morning, converting the intersection to an all-way stop.
Crews, according to TxDOT, installed and uncovered the signs this morning along with advance stop-ahead signs to alert motorists to the new conditions.
Said TxDOT, “The conversion to an all-way stop condition is to improve safety and better control traffic in anticipation of the opening of Spring Canyon Elementary School in fall of 2021.”
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Southwest Airlines flights briefly grounded due to ‘technical issue’
- Officer involved shooting involving New Mexico State Police in Espanola
- Gas prices are falling slightly across the High Plains
- Midland man charged with murder after argument with wife turns deadly, unborn baby killed
- Iowa father, son charged in U.S. Capitol riot: ‘One of the first ones inside’