AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) – According to the Amarillo Fire Department, one man has died after a Camper trailer was engulfed in flame early this morning.
The Amarillo Fire Department said that firefighters were sent to a reported trash fire around Morning Drive and Central at around 6 a.m. When firefighters arrived at the scene, they found the trailer “fully involved in fire.”
Said the report, “After the initial knock-down of the fire, Firefighters made entry into the structure and discovered the body of a deceased male. It appears that he was homeless and seeking shelter inside the camper trailer.”
The fire is still under investigation. No other injuries were reported.
According to station crew, responders are still on the scene investigating the incident. Drivers are advised to take a different route past the area, if possible, and be mindful of emergency vehicles.
This is a developing story. Stay with MyHighPlains.com for the latest.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Will your kids need to be vaccinated?
- Retired Col. Ralph Puckett to Best Ranger competitors: ‘You are the best our country produces’
- Fourth stimulus check: Nonprofit sees additional payments as vital
- 19-year-old man killed in collision with semi-truck on US Hwy 54
- WT’s Engler College of Business ranked No. 3 in value in the country