AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — Today, the Amarillo Fire Department responded to a grassfire in the area of Smelter Rd. and Hastings Ave.
According to the Amarillo Fire Department, AFD had 11 fire units on scene with Potter County Department and Texas Forest Service also responded.
AFD said maintainers and dozers were used to help contain and slow progress of the fire.
AFD reported the main body of the fire was knocked down at around 4:07 p.m. with only small hot spots remaining.
Crews remained on scene to ensure the hot spots were extinguished.
Texas Forest Services reported an estimated 150 acres burned.
No injuries were reported, and no structures or cattle were lost said AFD.
AFD said the Amarillo Fire Marshall’s Office did respond and have not determined a cause of the fire.
Update: AFD said the fire is contained and the Forest Services said 75 acres burned.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- BSA Hospice of the Southwest to host ‘Grief During the Pandemic’ support group series
- Baseball Hall of Famer Don Sutton Dies at age 75
- Teen whom Biden befriended as fellow stutterer releasing children’s book
- Why was purple significant at the inauguration?
- WATCH: Lady Gaga sings national anthem at Biden’s inauguration