AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) – Update: The Amarillo Fire Department reports that they responded to a structure fire on the 900 block of North Fairmont.
When crews arrived they found a large amount of smoke and fire.
AFD said while crews were inside, searching for possible victims and extinguishing the fire, the roof began to collapse and the crews inside were forced to evacuate.
AFD continues once the fire was brought under control, they re-entered the home to continue the search for victims, none were found and no injuries were reported.
AFD said strong winds were a factor in the spread of the fire. Crews were able to gain control of the fire before nearby residence became involved.
According to the Amarillo Fire Marshall’s Office the official cause will be accidental, it was determined that a stove was left on, causing the fire.
The Amarillo Fire Department has reported and is responding to a structure fire in west Amarillo.
Captain Cody Snyder said that the structure is on the 900 block of North Fairmont. The Captain said there is heavy smoke and a partial roof collapse.
This story will be updated as more information is released.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Lawmaker pushes for 3rd time to make Bible the state book of Tennessee
- ‘Satan’ says he was flirting, trying to get a date on Boston subway
- Smash-and-grab robber targets TikTok’s Fleetwood Mac skateboarder guy
- Police searching for suspect after mother and 2 children found dead, infant kidnapped
- By slimmest of margins, Senate takes up $1.9T relief bill