AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) – At 10:56 am on December 27th, Amarillo Fire Department units were dispatched to a commercial building fire alarm at 300 N Taylor St.
Units arrived on the scene and investigated.
Fire crews entered the structure and found a light amount of smoke in the structure and
water spraying in an interior area of the structure.
Incident command requested a second alarm response. Fire crews investigated the area where water was spraying from the ceiling and found evidence of a fire in the area. A water line melted in the area of the fire. The spraying of water from the melted line extinguished the fire. Fire crews insured that the fire was extinguished and declared the fire under control at 11:11 am.
The Amarillo Fire Marshal Office responded to investigate.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- State health department says teachers still not a priority for COVID-19 vaccine
- Senate Republican leader McConnell offers support for power-sharing deal with Democrats
- Protests after video shows police car driving through crowd of pedestrians in Washington state
- Teen missing in 1983 identified as victim of Green River Killer
- GoPro found after 6 years at the bottom of Honolulu ocean returned to owner