AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) – According to officers, the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) seized 829 pounds of THC vape cartridges and close to 19 pounds of THC wax on Saturday, after a highway patrol officer stopped a vehicle in Oldham County.
According to DPS, at around 8 a.m. on Saturday, an officer stopped a vehicle traveling on I-40 near Vega, for a traffic violation. The officer then discovered vacuum-sealed packages of THC wax inside three pizza boxes and nine boxes of cans holding THC vape cartridges in the back of the vehicle.
The driver, Steven Purves, 67, of California, was arrested and charged with felony possession of a controlled substance. Purves was taken to Oldham County Jail.
The drugs were allegedly being transported from Laguna Woods, California to Dallas, Texas.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- President Trump’s campaign website hacked in cryptocurrency scam
- The future of the Senate: 35 seats up for grabs on election night
- ADHD awareness month, Part 1: Early signs and diagnosis
- Texas overtakes California with most coronavirus infections
- Forecasters calling for drier warmer winter in Southwest states due to ‘La Niña’