AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — Recently, Governor Greg Abbott surged statewide resources to cities in Texas due to escalating protest violence.
Governor Abbott deployed Department of Public Safety troopers to Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, and Austin as well as activated the Texas National Guard.
Amarillo area DPS officer, Sgt. Cindy Barkley said, “The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) has deployed resources across the state, specifically to Houston, Dallas, San Antonio and Austin, to support local law enforcement. Public safety is our top priority, and while we do not discuss specifics related to security measures, the department is committed to working with our law enforcement partners to proactively protect the citizens of Texas.”
Read more on Governor Abbott’s surge of statewide resources by clicking here.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- 2021 Rose Parade canceled due to coronavirus pandemic
- Back to school spending on track for a record
- JCPenney cuts 1,000 jobs as it closes stores
- New Mexico inmates riot amid demands for more virus testing
- Excessive heat causing issues for area farmers