AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — Don Harrington Discovery Center has announced, ‘Toys: The Inside Story’, a new exhibition beginning Friday, May 28, 2021.
DHDC said “Toys” includes 12 different hands-on stations that illustrate the simple mechanisms commonly found in toys, and lets visitors create their own toy-like combinations of gears, pulleys, linkages, cams, and circuits. Jack Gets Out of His Box gives visitors a close-up view of the cam combination that frees our hero “Jack,” while elsewhere we unmask the amazing collection of switches, cams and motors that make Elmo dance and Mr. Machine run.
DHDC said the exhibition was developed by the Montshire Museum of Science in Norwich, Vt., with funding from a National Science Foundation grant awarded to seven museums across the country that comprise TEAMS (Traveling Exhibits at Museums of Science).
The exhibition opens to the public on Friday, May 28, from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and will run through September 12.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Wesley Community Center opening new location on south side
- Mississippi man spends 15 hours in Waffle House after losing fantasy football bet
- ‘Holidays are not healing’ says Texas history professor as Juneteenth becomes national holiday
- WHO accused of sexism for suggesting women of ‘childbearing age’ shouldn’t drink
- Video: Young children caught between masked gunman, victim nearly shot on New York sidewalk