AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — The Dean of the Texas Tech School of Veterinary Medicine attended today’s Texas Tech Board of Regents meeting to give an update on the school’s progress.
Guy Loneragen provided steps being taken to open the school including construction, hiring of faculty, and obtaining accreditation.
He said the construction for all of the facilities they need was approved at today’s meeting.
The school is set to open and start accepting students next fall.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Freezing cold start to our first weekend of April
- Everyday Heroes: Access Community Credit Union and Jimmy John’s partner up to feed Amarillo’s hospital workers
- City of Amarillo provides update with COVID-19
- Castro County issues Shelter in Place order
- Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson teaches daughter to wash hands while singing ‘Moana’ song