CLOVIS, N.M. (KAMR/KCIT) — Officials with the New Mexico Ninth Judicial District Attorney’s Office announced Friday that 22-year-old Marcus Lewis was sentenced in relation to a July 2022 shooting where Lewis shot at police officers during a chase.
According to a news release from the office, Lewis was sentenced to 34 years in prison for shooting at two Clovis Police officers along with a Curry County Deputy sheriff.
According to previous reports by MyHighPlains.com, Lewis was found guilty by a jury of the following counts:
- Multiple counts of “shooting at or from a motor vehicle,”
- multiple counts of “aggravated assault upon a peace officer (deadly weapon),”
- “felon in possession of a firearm,”
- “aggravated fleeing from a law enforcement officer,”
- “failure to give immediate notice of accidents.”
For the latest Amarillo news and regional updates, check with MyHighPlains.com and tune in to KAMR Local 4 News at 5:00, 6:00, and 10:00 p.m. and Fox 14 News at 9:00 p.m. CST.