AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) – The City of Amarillo has announced it is flying flags at half-staff through Friday, in honor of the late Randall County Judge Ernie Houdashell, who died on Sunday.
“Amarillo lost a dear friend and leader with the passing of Randall County Judge Ernie Houdashell. Judge Houdashell served the people of Randall County with distinction for more than18 years. He was a dear friend, colleague and mentor to so many in the Amarillo community, said Amarillo Mayor Ginger Nelson.
“He always worked for the betterment of his community and county and he will be severely missed. We at the City of Amarillo extend our prayers of comfort to the family of Judge Ernie Houdashell and to the people of Randall County and we will continue to keep them in our thoughts and prayers.”
For more information, contact City of Amarillo Communications Manager Dave Henry at (806) 378-5219 or by email at David.Henry@amarillo.gov
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- APH reports 142 new cases, 9 deaths, 430 recoveries in Amarillo area
- Amarillo Fire Department responding to fire in west Amarillo
- WATCH: Garth Brooks calls for unity in ‘Amazing Grace’ inauguration performance
- China hits Trump officials with sanctions on their way out
- Super Host? Bucs can become 1st to play Super Bowl at home