AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — The City of Amarillo Public Health Department is now reporting the first death in the Amarillo-area attributed to COVID-19.
Officials with Amarillo Public Health Department say the person that died is outside their jurisdiction and requests for additional information should be directed to the Texas Department of State Health Services.
Texas Department of State Health Services confirmed to MyHighPlains.com today the person was an Oldham County woman in her 30s with underlying health conditions.
In total, there have been eight confirmed cases of COVID-19 on the High Plains.
|County||Number of Confirmed Cases||Number of Fatalities|
|Cannon Air Force Base Area||1||0|
|Deaf Smith County||2||0|
The City of Amarillo and the surrounding areas remain in COVID-19 level Orange. This means there are limited confirmed cases of Coronavirus in our area.
The Amarillo-area Coronavirus Status Alert Level remains at Level Orange.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- President Trump, Ivanka made donations to Harris’s campaign in 2014
- College football chaos: Who is playing and who has canceled?
- Bindi Irwin announces pregnancy: ‘Baby Wildlife Warrior due in 2021’
- World’s last Blockbuster becomes Airbnb rental
- Delays in test results continue to plague Texans as Gov. Abbott says state is working on quicker turnaround