AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — The City of Amarillo Public Health Department is now reporting the first death in the Amarillo-area attributed to COVID-19.
Officials with Amarillo Public Health Department say the person that died is outside their jurisdiction and requests for additional information should be directed to the Texas Department of State Health Services.
Texas Department of State Health Services confirmed to MyHighPlains.com today the person was an Oldham County woman in her 30s with underlying health conditions.
In total, there have been eight confirmed cases of COVID-19 on the High Plains.
|County||Number of Confirmed Cases||Number of Fatalities|
|Cannon Air Force Base Area||1||0|
|Deaf Smith County||2||0|
The City of Amarillo and the surrounding areas remain in COVID-19 level Orange. This means there are limited confirmed cases of Coronavirus in our area.
The Amarillo-area Coronavirus Status Alert Level remains at Level Orange.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Amarillo Public Health COVID-19 Report Card shows 4 more confirmed cases in Amarillo
- Trump working with Ohio gov. to get FDA approval on expansion of mask sterilization technology
- Texas HHSC requests waiver for flexibility in administering Medicaid
- LIVE: Gov. Abbott, state health and emergency leaders release new details in Texas response to COVID-19
- AutoNation offering coronavirus car cleaning