AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — The City of Amarillo announced that The North Heights Advisory Association is hosting three neighborhood workshops for the North Heights Rezoning Initiative at the Black Historical Cultural Center at 6:30 p.m.
The workshops scheduled for Monday, April 12, Wednesday, April 14, and Thursday, April 15, will allow residents, business owners and property owners to ask questions about the initiative, according to the City of Amarillo news release.
The news release said that the Monday workshop will focus on properties being rezoned to residential areas, the Wednesday workshop will discuss retail districts, while the Thursday workshop will focus on areas that are going to be rezoned to commercial districts.
The North Heights Rezoning Initiative is a plan to rezone around 800 acres in the North Heights Neighborhood Plan area, the city said.
For detailed information on the project visit www.amarillo.gov/nhrezoning.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- 806 Cars hosts car show benefitting Faith City Mission
- Republican Party Of New Mexico hosts “Operation Freedom”
- Texas Panhandle War Memorial Center hosts free breakfast for veterans, celebrates Armed Forces Day
- Armed Forces Day banquet held to honor military members
- Another Chance House hosts open house, highlights second chance living for residents