AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — The City of Amarillo has received a new request to relocate the confederate statue in Ellwood Park.
City Manager Jared Miller read the request letter during Tuesday’s city council meeting.
The statue is owned by the Daughters of the Confederacy.
A local Sons of Confederate Soldiers group has requested to move the statue to the Armstrong County Courthouse in Claude.
In July, MyHighPlains.com reported they received a request to move the statue to a private residence in Shamrock.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Veteran adjusts to life with PTSD with the help of a well-trained pup
- Temple Police & FBI announce arrests and charges against suspected gang members
- WATCH: Police bust massive house party
- Coronavirus vaccine: When will it be ready and will it be safe?
- Mark your calendar: Daylight saving (and extra sleep) just days away