AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — Even with the failure of Proposition A, the Amarillo city council is still going through with the purchase of property in downtown.
According to the city council they have approved the buying of three properties on Grant and Johnson. The old Amarillo hardware building has been discussed as a possible option to be converted into a new city hall.
The city council said there is still plenty of money in the cash reserve to buy the property and continue addressing public health needs.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Another freezing start and a mild afternoon
- Early voting turnout for May Municipal Elections in Potter County has increased by 72% from 2019 elections
- AFD responds to 2 alarm fire at 10th and Adams area
- Closing arguments heard in Sutherland Springs shooting case alleges US Air Force is partially responsible
- New iPad, iMac expected at Apple online event, with hint at AirPods 3