AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — Children’s Miracle Network kicked off their 2021 ‘Miracle Week’ today with Miracle Corner at the corner of 45th & Bell. The event started at 10 a.m. and donations will be accepted until the end of the event at 6 p.m. this evening, according to CMN.
Lindsey Kinard, Director of Children’s Miracle Network Amarillo, said all of the money raised stays in the region to help Miracle Kids all over the Panhandle.
“Everything that we raise here stays local,” Kinard said. “Children’s Miracle Network helps the top 26 counties in the Texas Panhandle, and when people give to CMN, that money stays right here to help kids in the Texas Panhandle.”
Miracle Corner is the start of a full week of events that lasts until May 8 for CMN.
- May 1 — Miracle Corner; donate extra change for Miracle Kids at the 45th & Bell intersection.
- May 4 — Mediathon; call in to support CMN of Amarillo and turn on KAMR Local 4 to meet local kids.
- May 7 — Home Run Derby; play baseball at Rick Klein Baseball Field from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- May 8 — CMN Family Night; celebrate CMN at the Discovery Center from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
To learn more about CMN, including how to get involved, support or donate, click here.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- WATCH: Cat makes death-defying jump from 5th floor of burning building – and survives
- Carole Baskin offers $5,000 reward for missing tiger in Houston
- As conservative bills pick up steam, Democrats plan to put up a fight before midnight deadline in Texas House
- Smell at Louisiana hotel turns out to be guest storing gas, fire officials say
- Mother-son pair to cross same graduation stage, with degrees from Minot State