CANADIAN, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — Canadian and Higgins ISD voted to consolidate their school districts Saturday, May 2.
According to Canadian ISD’s Facebook page, the election results had the consolidation passing for both districts.
Canadian ISD’s election tally had 319 votes for and 18 votes against the merger.
While Higgins ISD’s election tally had 140 votes for and 71 votes against the merger.
The Facebook post said the results will become official after the votes are canvassed on May 7th.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Texas Tech’s head football coach talks about incoming area freshmen
- Fire crews battle fire on East Amarillo Blvd.
- Kodak announces ‘special committee’ to review recent conduct
- A Hot August weekend with rain chances
- Will the coronavirus ever be stopped? Here’s what experts say