BORGER, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — The City of Borger said the Borger Complex experienced a loss of power resulting in unit upsets within the refinery and controlled flaring onsite.
The City said Nonessential personnel are currently being evacuated as a safety precaution.
The City continues saying, all refinery emergency shutdown systems functioned as designed, and all appropriate regulatory notifications are being made.
Borger Complex personnel were dispatched off-site and are monitoring air quality. All data indicates there has been no offsite impact said the City.
According to the City, there is no risk to the community or nearby neighbors at this time. The exact cause of the power outage is under investigation.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- TxDOT’s “Know Before You Go” lane closure report for week of June 20-June 26
- Sod Poodles fan, father get’s Father Day surprise at HODGETOWN
- Gruver ISD named School Board of the Year by Region 16
- There’s a castle for sale in Indiana
- In a seller’s market, experts urge buyers to do these 3 things before placing an offer